i. Construction of Bundh in channel for protection of fish from going out & fishing operation.
ii. Stopping of fishing operation during breeding period from 1st April to 15th July.
iii. Feeding channel for fish migration from source to beel to be free from illegal fishing equipments.
iv. Construction of Jhen katal in beels.
v. Clearance of weeds.
vi. Stocking of fish fingerlings in beels.
i. Fishing operation by Bundh Fishing.
ii. Major fishing operation by fishermen with legal nets etc. by beel baise procedure.
iii. Daily sale of fish in fish landing centre by hygienic handling Some of the other aspects in Post Harvest Management are:
• Avoids rough handling of the fish landed at the landing site.
• Use metallic utensils to keep fishes
• Sort out fish properly before packing
• protect them from heat and other elements
• Drain & wash fish before iceing
• Avoid brushing the fish
• Use plenty of ice. Put additional layer of ice on top, bottom and side of fish in boxes or shelves.
• Lay the fish belly downward.
• Fish is cooled more quickly when ice cold water is poured on them.
• Fresh fish transported to far distances must be packed with ice.
• Ensure proper packing of fresh fish with ice arranging the fish and ice alternately in the container
• It is attained with the ratio of 1 kg of ice to 2 kg of fish.
• Inexpensive method and storage can be at room temperature.
• Storage life is long.
• Inexpensive, but fuel must be available.
• Quality and nutritional value are reasonable.
• Simplest and least expensive way to preserve fish
• Drain the fish and dry under the sun for 1 to 2 days
• Store dried fish in a cool, dry place