Our Vision and Mission
To enhance fish production of the state focussing on development of Beel Fisheries as well as to improve the socio-economic conditions of Schedule Caste/Maimul (Barak Valley) Communities Fishermen’s and generates employment opportunities for the youths.
Functions and Objectives
- Development of Beel Fisheries of the State to increase the fish production.
- Upliftment of Socio-economic conditions of actual Fishermen of S.C. and Maimul Communities of Barak Valley, Assam.
- To support by financial grants, loans, purchase of equipments and vehicles and training programme, consulting services and other means, the development and operation of state and central agencies for promotion of increased fish production and fish marketing.
- To introduce fish breeding, fish culture, boat and net making and other sources of income among the actual fishermen of S.C and Maimul communities to ensure whole time employment for them.
- To undertake procurement of fish and other by-products from the fisheries under its control and other sources within and outside the state and make arrangement for their transport, storage, preservation, processing and marketing.
- To undertake different Beel Fisheries developmental projects.